Monday, May 28, 2012

House of the Rising Dolls





House of the Rising Dolls was performed during the scene when Deckard enters J.F. Sebastian's apartment, the Bradbury building, to hunt down the next replicant, Pris. It is sung from the perspective of Pris.

This is one of twenty-five songs from "Blade Runner: The Rock Project" -- music inspired by the movie Blade Runner.

Music: Marco Spatuzzi
Lyrics: C.A. Chicoine

MEMORIA are:
Carolina Di Gregorio: vocals
Marco Spatuzzi: guitar
Alessandro Bianconi: keyboards
Gianfranco Vigneri: bass
Federico Berchi: drums

Release date: Jan 1, 2009
CONTACT: CAChicoine@Satellite2Music.com

Lyrics:

"House of the Rising Dolls"

You don’t belong here

Go on and leave us

You don’t really want to come too near

I’ll make myself clear

Don’t want you near us

Turn around and close the door. Just disappear

We’re all the same here

Here in my doll house

From underneath this veil I peer

We don’t want you here

Think you’re audacious

But you’re so close now that I can sense your fear


~Bridge~

Beneath this vale of tears

So close that I can smell your fear


~Chorus~

Fight to the death

This your last breath

Feel your last heartbeat

You’ll be down on your knees

Praying that death

Could not come too soon

Flight to the death

Is this my last breath

I feel my last heartbeat

Silence my scream

Praying that death

Could not come too soon

"House of the Rising Dolls" by BladeRunnerRock is licensed under a Creative Commons License

No comments: